What is Sendas y Leyendas?
Sendas y Leyendas (Paths and Legends) is a blog dedicated to the dissemination of the natural and cultural heritage of, above all, southeast Spain, including Costa Blanca. In the blog are published, mainly, articles referring to hiking trails, ancient legends whose scenario is the natural environment, or articles on historical events that occurred in different places.
Who is behind Sendas y Leyendas?
My name is Adán Agulló and, in a certain way, I spread everything that can be read in this blog. In 2007 I launched RurAlicante.com, a website from the province of Alicante, which was focused on active and rural tourism. Some years later, that website became the current sendasyleyendas.com. As a result of my fondness for knowing our surroundings, I published some books (by now not available in english):
- Sendas y Leyendas de Alicante (2014): It gathers 18 hiking routes through the province of Alicante, as well as different legends whose scenery is the natural environment and, even, places through which some of the proposed routes run. This book is sold out and discontinued.
- Rutas con historia por el entorno de Elche (2015):This book aims to visit different places in the Elche countryside, many of them directly linked to the evolution of the city.
- Paseos con historia por la costa de Alicante (2017): The book is divided into three volumes, which can purchased separately, and proposes a series of cultural itineraries through the historic urban centers of the towns located on the coastline (Costa Blanca), as well as information about other points of interest, located around these coastal towns.
Sendas y Leyendas de Alicante:
- April 26, 2014: Interview in the radio program La Noche (at national level), of Cadena COPE (from minute 31’05 “).
Rutas con historia por el entorno de Elche:
- April 20, 2015: Interview in the radio programMemoria de Elche, managed by Cátedra Pedro Ibarra, from Universidad Miguel Hernández.
- May 12, 2015: News in the local newspaper Elche News.
- May 12, 2015: News in the local newspaper Esto es Elche.
- May 17, 2015: Interview in the local newspaper Elche Diario.
- December 14, 2015: Interview on the Vive la tarde radio program, directed by Carlos Sempere, from TeleElx Radio Marca.
- October 24, 2016: Interview on the television programDía a Día (from minute 28′), managed by Miriam Quesada, from TeleElx.
Paseos con historia por la costa de Alicante:
- June 28, 2017: Interview in the program En onda con la Costa Blanca, managed by Lola Torrent, from Onda Cero Alicante.